Suggestion Scheduled Task

Post your suggestions of improvement or change here.
jgt1942
Fresh user

Suggestion Scheduled Task

Post by jgt1942 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:55 am

I'd like to see a function that would allow me to easily create scheduled directory listings. I have several large folders on my FTP server and I'd like to daily recreate a directory list (Table of Contents) for the various folders. I need a directory list of each folder as a separate file (example I need a directory list of my Q:\Libraries\_WoodWork\ folder and a separate file for my Q:\Libraries\Cookbooks folder. Currently I have about 10 folders that I need to do this for.

I've been attempting to get the command line function working but I'm missing something. Once I get this working I could accomplish what I need to do but not with out a lot of effort and creating several files plus when I need to modify the TOC file I'm creating I need to relearn the darn function. I suspect that most of the code required already exist in the Backup Dwarf product.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion Scheduled Task

Post by admin » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:53 pm

currently the assumption is scheduled listings are available through the command line interface as you described and the Windows task scheduler.

jgt1942
Fresh user

Post by jgt1942 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:38 pm

Yes I can do it through the command line but it is somewhat of a royal pain (for me). Currently I need to set up about 20 listings that I want to update on a daily basis. I will admit I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer and so far I've spent about 3 hours just getting the command line to properly function. I'm able to create the HTML but not the Text listings.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:05 pm

the key to successfully generate a text or a html listing is a proper configuration file. you need to set the proper output first in the options, and then save such configuration and use it as a parameter for a command line.