Issue with PDF Information

Post bugs here
makhtoot
Forum user

Issue with PDF Information

Post by makhtoot » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:43 am

Hello dear Sir
When i edit KEYWORD information of a PDF file in adobe bridge, i can't see that information when i generate the list in program and i have to insert or change it with adobe acrobat pro. you may ask yourself why i don't do that though? i have to inform you that i have like a zillion!! folders with pdf files in them and the only application that can search and edit them alltogether on the face of universe is this awesome adobe bridge. so please check this issue and help us with it.
Thanks in advanced :)

admin
Site Admin

Re: Issue with PDF Information

Post by admin » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:46 pm

could you post an example pdf file so I am able to check?

makhtoot
Forum user

Post by makhtoot » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:02 am

Hello Sir and thank you for the reply
Following your demand on sending you an example file, i attached a pdf file that i filled the corresponding fields.
as you will see the program can populate subject and author field that i filled in with adobe bridge but it can't populate the keyword nevertheless i filled it or not and i have to use other applications such as adobe acrobat to make it work and it's a tedious process to do for a large amount of pdf files in different folders. please check the file and help us with this awesome application.

thanks in advance :)

PS:
Pictures.rar
Sample PDF
(33.82 KiB) Downloaded 877 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:02 pm

I've checked this file, but I can't see any keywords inside.
The only properties are:
Author(Correct)
CreationDate(D:20110914112355-08'00')
ModDate(D:20110914112502+04'30')
Producer(http://www.)
Subject(Correct)

makhtoot
Forum user

Post by makhtoot » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:07 am

Hello and thank you for the short notice
This is Exactly the problem. as i work a lot with pdf files, i have adobe acrobat pro, acrobat reader and adobe bridge installed on my pc. when i click on a pdf file and go to its properties, there is tab added called pdf that i can change all the pdf properties necessary in the listing program. if i insert KEYWORD information in there, there will be no problem, but the problem shows itself when i try to insert the information in adobe bridge. as i mentioned before, the only program that can change informations of a bunch of pdf files at the same time is adobe bridge and when i insert the Author, Subject and Keyword in adobe bridge, the lister can populate the author and subject but can't show information of Keyword and when i right click on the pdf file and go to it pdf properties, i can't see the keywords there neither.
Thanks in advance :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:29 pm

ok, so what did you put as a keyword in the file you posted here?

makhtoot
Forum user

Post by makhtoot » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:53 am

Hello Dear Sir
You can see it in the Adobe Bridge by Right Clicking on the file --> File Info, and here is what i typed in: Here is the problem sir
Thanks again :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:04 pm

I can see this info in the posted pdf file, but for some reason it is in the "subject" xml metadata and not in the keyword metadata. So this will not be changed in Directory Lister Pro in the near future.

makhtoot
Forum user

Post by makhtoot » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:25 am

Thank you for the notification. I'll be looking forward to see the best o f this program